Lion Sands is a place that enriches one’s soul. It is an extraordinary gift passed down over generations and even for those of us who have known its sweeping landscapes since birth, it remains a place of overwhelming beauty and discovery.
Our family is one of the most fortunate in the world to have the privilege of being the custodians of one of Africa’s truly unspoiled wilderness areas. In the heart of the game-rich Sabi Sand Reserve and the world-renowned Kruger National Park, we have created an iconic destination.
What makes us MORE:
- The only private game reserve with a foot in both the Sabi Sand Reserve and Kruger National Park, guests are treated to the most incredible wildlife viewing in the southern hemisphere.
- Four luxury lodges are each unique in respect of style and décor. Each flanks the Sabie River and enjoys spectacular views of both the bush, and the animals that flock to the water’s edge.
- Lion Sands has three luxury Treehouses where guests are able to spend a night under the stars in lavish style.
- Field Guides and Trackers are experts in their fields, and are the key to the success of the Lion Sands Safari. We are very proud to have one of the world’s only MASTER TRACKERS as part of our family at Lion Sands. In 2013 Lucas Mathonsi achieved the much coveted Master Tracker qualification, becoming one of four existing Master Trackers in the world, and only the second tracker to be awarded this prestigious qualification in the Lowveld since 1994!
- Skukuza Airport is situated in close proximity to all of the Lion Sands’ Lodges. With scheduled daily flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town, guests need not waste hours with unnecessary domestic flight connections and tedious road transfers.