There are a number of convenient options when it comes to travelling to Madikwe Safari Lodge.
- Daily flights – Federal Air operates a daily flight from O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) to Madikwe airfield, departing at 12h00 and returning at 13h30. The airfield is 10 minutes drive from the Lodge.
- Gaborone, Botswana is 2 hours from Madikwe Safari Lodge. If you are either coming from or going on safari in Botswana, transfers can be arranged.
- The driving time from Johannesburg is approximately 4 to 4.5 hours and there are two different routes to consider.
- Option 1: It’s an easy 4 hour drive from Johanneburg O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) to Madikwe Safari Lodge via Abjaterskop Gate. Note: this route is recommended if you prefer to travel a shorter distance on a gravel road, bearing in mind neither route requires a 4×4 vehicle.
- Option 2: It’s an easy 4 hour drive from Johanneburg O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) to Madikwe Safari Lodge via Molatedi Gate (Sun City). Note: this route is recommended if you do not mind travelling 50 kilometres/30 miles on a gravel road, or if you are coming from or going to Sun City. This is a shorter route in distance, does not require a 4×4 vehicle and is more scenic.
DISTANCE/ TRAVEL TIMES TO MADIKWE SAFARI LODGE
- From OR Tambo Airport, Johannesburg: 4 hours 45 minutes | 359km | 224 miles
- From Lanseria Airport: 4 hours 15 minutes | 315km | 196 miles
- From Sir Seretse Khama International Airport, Gaborone: 1 hour 45 minutes | 87km | 55 miles
- From Sun City: 2 hours | 138km | 86 miles
24°43’.22.68” S / 26°23’.16.67” E