Our trust helps to fulfill the MORE commitment to creating opportunities for people to enrich their lives. A non-profit organisation, MORE Community Trust gives long-term, meaningful assistance to the communities in which our lodges and hotels operate, and empowers the local people.
Development projects in place are designed around three pillars, supporting:
- Early childhood development – the most important stage during which to invest in a child’s health and education to ensure their future success, and in turn that of their communities
- Skills development – allowing people to enter the workplace, or create their own jobs and employment for others, to move out of poverty and strengthen South Africa’s economy
- Access to clean water – a fundamental human right and basic need, which goes a long way to preventing illness and mortality, especially among children
Each resident has a role to play. We believe that by empowering people to contribute their own efforts, projects are continued into the future, inspiring a sense of security and pride. But together we can do more, and our trust welcomes hands-on help from socially conscious guests.
Our Get Your Hands Dirty initiatives and Community Tours give you the chance to experience a different – and humbling – way of living; visit cultural and historical sites; and connect with local people. In so doing, you make your own and others’ dreams come true.
Our Community Projects include:
- Huntington village, Mpumalanga – we support Henna Pre-school, New Beginnings Day Care, and Huntington Home-Based Care; our projects include Huntington Digital Learning Centre (managed by the Good Work Foundation) and Water for Huntington
- Justicia B village, Mpumalanga – we founded and support Jabez Pre-School
- Obakeng village, North West – we support Motshabaesi Primary School; we run the Kgatelopele Community Service
- Mfuleni township, Western Cape – we support INJONGO Educare Center through the Matchbox NGO and Pack for a Purpose
- Victoria Game Reserve, Zimbabwe – we support Masuwe Primary School which situated on the border of Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve within the Hwange district.
Find out more about how you can help and Get Your Hands Dirty…